As we settle into the new year that is 2018, we seek out the opportunity to look back at the year that’s just passed and look forward to the year ahead in terms of business strategy and marketing. Where did we succeed in 2017, where did we fall short? Where did we take opportunities, and where did we miss them?
“The best way to predict the future is to study the past, or prognosticate”
– Robert Kiyosaki
Knowing what’s worked and what hasn’t in the past can allow our business to close some doors, and open many more. From here we are able to make a strategic marketing plan for the year to come. We set goals for the year, decide what needs to happen, when and where, along with listing out measurement and evaluation processes that will track the success of our goals as they come to fruition.
If you’re like us, and are constantly looking to improve upon the business you pour your heart and soul into, then perhaps it’s time to start 2018 on the front foot. Not sure where to start? Here are a few questions to consider when thinking about possible marketing opportunities for your business:
- Has your business landscape changed and in which direction? – Follow the path of least resistance, revert to your core business basis if it’s changed in a negative way, and explore if you’re liking the new direction.
- Are your competitors doing something you aren’t that you should be?
- Is there a gap in the market that you can invest some time or assets into to offer something that’s on great demand?
- Do you have a two-way relationship with your customers? Time to stop feeding your audience and time to start a conversation with your audience.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Looking at the long term goals might help you break down your short term (1 year) goals to get you exactly where you want to be by year 5 or even earlier.
Of course HyperWeb is here to help with Website Development and any complementary ongoing marketing initiatives you wish to explore, from social media activation and posting, to blog posts, e-newsletters, Google AdWords and more. Get in touch with us if you’d like to partner with HyperWeb and broaden your marketing horizons in 2018 and beyond.