Contrary to what some might think, email marketing is certainly not dead, in fact it is alive and going very strong.
The Quick Stats:
- 99% of email users check their inbox everyday (OptinMonster)
- Emails generate $42 for every $1 spent, that is an 4200% ROI (Hubspot)
- Organic reach is 4 x higher on email than on social media (Lone Fir Creative)
- 70% of people read their emails on a mobile app (Lone Fir Creative)
- Yet, 1 out 5 emails are not optimised for mobile devices (Unlayer)
Let’s breakdown the top benefits of email marketing:
Unlike paid advertising, emails are a cost-effective marketing tool that does not require you to pay per click.
Easy to measure
Most email platforms allow you to easily track your email’s open rate, click through rate and conversions.
Email marketing allows you to personalise and customise your emails to your audience. For example, an email that includes the first name of your contacts has a higher click through rate than one that doesn’t.
Emails are not affected by an algorithm that will limit their reach. With email marketing, it’s much easier to reach people because they always check their emails. They can check it at any time, on multiple devices, especially via mobile. This means you’re getting in front of your audience on a regular basis, so you’re always top-of-mind.
Owning your media and contacts
Unlike social media, you own your own email list. If social media disappeared tomorrow, how many followers and customers would you lose?
If you need help with your email marketing contact us today.